The Conestoga Heavy Construction Association (CHCA) was founded in April 1979, by seven individuals from the heavy construction industry: Roderick Smith, Albert Weber, Brian Barrett, Sydney Vass, Robert Bailey, John Finamore, and James McCann.
The objectives of Conestoga Heavy Construction Association include:
• Developing and maintaining the highest standards of construction and business methods in the heavy
• Promoting the safety and safe work practices of those engaged in this industry;
• Establishing and maintaining better communication between members of the association;
• Promoting goodwill between the general public and the CHCA;
• Promoting and fostering confidence, cooperation and better understanding among the members of the
corporation and other associations in similar fields of endeavour; and
• Be a source of information, investigation and education on matters pertaining to the heavy construction industry.